16/05/2014

BONNIE GULL SEAFOOD SHACK

I was just flicking through tripadvisor, and found this seafood restaurant was highly ranked. I was debating with Anthony which restaurant should we go for Friday lunch, and I'm happy we decided Bonnie Gull because we were not disappointed.

To start with, we ordered the clams to share. This is a bit salty compare to the one we had at Barrafina, which had a hint of sourness to increase your appetite. Also, the clams are in the small size, the meat are too thin.



For mains, I had the whole cornish crab and Anthony has the sea bass. The crab was HUGE, would recommend for sharing. It was plentiful and filling, also it was super fresh. Simply amazing. The sea bass didn't let us down either, it was so fresh and cooked beautifully. 




Okay, and the most amazing part of the meal was the OYSTERS. Me and Anthony were never oysters lovers. Since everyone was raving about it. Plus, countless times of listening to people saying how good oysters taste, we tried those at borough market like a year ago. And honestly, I really don't get it what's all the hype about. BUT I gave it another go at Bonnie Gull just because I trust their seafood LOL. AND I was so happy I did. 

The staff was very informative and patient in explaining different types of oysters on their menu. I went for the Loch Ryan. We only ordered one to try how it taste. I instantly fell in love with it seriously. 'I finally understand why people are crazy about oysters. You'll love it after trying this.', I told Anthony. He was tempted, and ordered 3 more. And he agreed with me. It's not salty. It's firm and chewing since the meat is quite plumped (you can see it from the picture below). OMG, I'm in love.


Yet, the best seafood restaurant I've been to and would definitely revisit. 

Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment